We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest in our company and our services. The protection of your privacy when using our website and our services is important to us. Therefore, please take note of the following information:
1. Who are «we» and how can you contact us?
«We» is ServiceHunter AG, Birmensdorferstrasse 94, 8003 Zurich («ServiceHunter»), which operates the online service quitt. (the «Website»). ServiceHunter AG is responsible for the processing and protection of your personal data.
If you have any questions or concerns about the processing of your personal information, you can contact us as follows:
We will endeavour to answer your questions or concerns promptly upon receipt.
2. What does «processing of personal data» mean?
«personal data» or «data» means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
«Processing» means any handling of your personal data. When we process personal data, this means, for example, that we collect, store, use, transmit or delete it.
3. What personal data do we collect?
When using the website and our services, certain personal data is collected and processed.
The personal data we process includes:
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Language of correspondence
- AHV number
- Marital status
- Residence permit
- Use of services
- Technical usage data (IP address, browser type, access times)
- Advertising shown
- Health data; ‘health data‘ is a specific category of personal data relating to the physical or mental health of a natural person, including the provision of health services. These include, for example, medical reports, the cause of an accident, the presence of an illness, and incapacity to work. Health data is protected by law as special.
4. How do we collect your personal data?
When using the website and our services, certain personal data is collected and processed either directly (e.g. when you register as an employee) or indirectly (e.g. when you register as a home help). If you register your domestic help as an employer, you are the person responsible within the meaning of the DSGVO with regard to the personal data of your domestic help. This means that you must inform your domestic help that your personal data will be transferred to ServiceHunter AG.
We use your personal data if you provide it to us voluntarily for the execution of a contract, when opening a customer account or within the scope of contacting us online. These data are used by us exclusively for the processing purposes described below.
5. What do we use your personal data for?
We process personal data in particular for the following purposes (the «processing purposes»):
- Performance of services; personal data are only used if you provide them to the ServiceHunter AG voluntarily to execute a contract, open a customer account or contact. These data are used without your express consent in each case alone for the contract winding up and treatment of your inquiries.
- Offering, developing and improving our services, redeveloping services, operating, maintaining, optimizing and ensuring the security of the site.
- Management of the users of the site.
- Communication with you, handling your inquiries, customer service and support.
- Promotions, advertising and marketing, offering tailor-made services and relevant content.
- Protection of users and third parties as well as protection of our data and security of the website.
- Quality control, market research, compilation of statistics (e.g. Google Analytics) and management of ServiceHunter AG.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory obligations, law enforcement, abuse prevention and response to inquiries from authorities and agencies.
- Health data will only be processed insofar as this is absolutely necessary for the execution of the contract (in particular for coordination with insurance companies).
6. On what legal basis do we process your data?
We use the personal data for the above purposes on the basis of the following legal bases:
- contract fulfilment
- Offering and providing our services
- Fulfilment of legal obligations
- Consent given to us or to third parties, in particular
- Advertising and marketing
- Processing of health data. If you as an employer provide us with the health data of your domestic help,
you confirm that your domestic help has consented to theprocessing and disclosure of the health data.
- Legitimate interests of us and of third parties
- Maintaining contacts and communication with users and third parties
- Tracking user behaviour, preferences and needs, market studies
- Further development and improvement of our services, development of new services
- User administration, identity checks, authentications
- Protection of users, our employees and third parties, our data, secrets, infrastructure and assets
- Sensible corporate governance and development Fulfilment of legal and regulatory obligations, law enforcement,
civil, administrative and criminal proceedings, complaints, anti-abuse, investigations and responses to government inquiries.
7. How long do we store your personal data?
After complete completion of your contract with ServiceHunter AG, your data will be stored in consideration of tax and commercial retention periods, but blocked for other purposes and deleted at the end of these periods, unless you have expressly consented to the further use of your data.
8. With whom do we share your personal data?
8.1 General information
ServiceHunter AG undertakes to forward the information provided to it by employers about itself and its employees (including name, address, date of birth, AHV number, civil status, type of residence permit) only to social insurance funds and other insurance partners and, in the case of persons subject to withholding tax, to the cantonal tax authorities and to use, process and, if necessary, correct it only in this context.
The ServiceHunter AG can contact the employees registered by the employer within the framework of the provision of services. This includes in particular information about products and services of the website as well as the delivery of documents and other contents of the product quitt.
8.2 Contract partner
We can pass on data to contractual partners (e.g. insurance partners).
This is done, for example, to fulfil contractual obligations, to offer certain services, for marketing purposes, for analysing the use and operation of our services, systems and infrastructure.
Contractual partners who may receive personal data may be located in any country, in particular Switzerland, EU countries and the USA. All services from providers in the USA that ServiceHunter AG uses are subject to the Privacy Shield between the European Union and the USA.
8.3 Passing on for legal reasons
In certain situations, we may disclose your personal data and that of your employees (e.g. name, address, date of birth, AHV no., civil status, type of residence permit) to authorities, offices and other third parties who assist us in our work (e.g. in connection with official or official enquiries, investigations and clarifications, administrative investigations, criminal investigations, civil and/or criminal proceedings). These are exclusively cantonal social insurance schemes, cantonal tax administrations and other insurance partners. We do this in cases where we are required to do so by the authorities or authorities or where, in our opinion, we are under an obligation to do so.
9.1 General information
9.2 Session Cookies
We use so-called session cookies (also called temporary or transient cookies) on our website. These session cookies are stored exclusively for the duration of your use of our website. The session cookies used by us serve exclusively to identify you as long as you are logged in to our website. The session cookies are deleted at the end of each session. The session cookies are not used in any other way.
These cookies are absolutely necessary for the function of our website and cannot be deactivated in our systems. Typically, these cookies are set only in response to actions you take that correspond to a service request, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling out forms. You can set your browser so that these cookies are blocked or you are informed about these cookies. However, some areas of the website may not work then.
9.3 Persistent Cookies
In addition, we use additional cookies on our website that allow us to recognize your browser the next time you visit and provide you with an enhanced user experience.
These cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. The cookies remain stored on your end device until the validity period of the cookies has expired or you delete them.
9.4 Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and determine access sources in order to determine and improve the performance of our website. They help us answer the questions of which pages are the most popular, which are the least used and how visitors move around the site. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you visited our website.
9.5 Deactivating the Cookie Settings
If you would like a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of all third-party access to your Internet browser, we recommend that you install a browser plugin that has been created for this purpose. You can also set your computer to warn you each time a cookie is sent. Alternatively, you can deactivate all cookies. To do this, you can change the browser settings in any browser you use and on any device you use. If you deactivate your cookies, some of our services may no longer work.
With its newsletter, ServiceHunter AG informs its customers and contacts about news on quitt.Services, provides helpful information on the subject of «household jobs» and points out campaigns and news at quitt.
ServiceHunter AG uses the «Zendesk» service, headquartered at 1019 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States, to send newsletters.
When a user registers for the newsletter offer, the data provided by the user during registration is transferred to Zendesk and stored there. The service offers extensive evaluation possibilities over the success of the news type character – thus over, like the news type character are opened and used or whether subscribers unsubscribe after receipt of the distributor. ServiceHunter AG uses this data to make the newsletter offer as attractive as possible. All new customers receive our newsletter automatically until revoked. Every recipient can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time.
11. What rights do you have if you provide us with your data?
11.1 General information
We undertake to treat your personal data confidentially and ensure that you can exercise your rights. All those responsible for the protection of your personal data have agreed that you can exercise your rights by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please state the reason for your request. If we need proof of identification, we take the liberty of requesting a copy of your identity card.
In particular, they shall have the following rights:
11.2 Right to information
You have the right to receive information about your personal data processed by us at any time in writing and free of charge. You can send us your request for information in writing and enclosing a copy of your identity card or passport to our postal address.
11.3 Right of rectification
You also have the right to demand the correction of inaccurate personal data.
11.4 Right of cancellation
You also have the right to have your personal data deleted unless we are required by applicable laws and regulations to retain some of your personal data.
11.5 Right to data transferability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format, if technically possible, and you have the right to transfer such data to another data controller without interference by the data controller to whom the personal data has been provided.
11.6 Right of objection
In addition, you have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time and/or to object to the processing of your personal data.
Private customers can exercise their rights of withdrawal and objection directly via our website.
11.7 Right of appeal
Finally, there is a right of appeal to a competent data protection supervisory authority, in Switzerland to the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC).