skip to Main Content

Do I have to insure my domestic help?

  • Updated:
  • Bernhard Bircher-Suits

Yes! You do have to insure your domestic help. All employees in Switzerland must be compulsorily insured against accidents by their employer in accordance with the Accident Insurance Act (UVG). Employees who work at least eight hours a week for the same employer must also be insured against accidents during their free time (non-occupational accident insurance – NBU).

The employer pays the insurance premium for the occupational accident, the employee pays the insurance premium for the non-occupational accident, which therefore must be considered in the monthly payroll.

quitt. automatically concludes the obligatory accident insurance for all customers as an individual policy with Basler Insurance AG. The insurance premiums are settled in the payroll accounting and displayed accordingly.